Adults with care and support needs are among the most vulnerable members of society. Protecting them from becoming the victims of abuse is everyone’s business. Sandwell Safeguarding Adults Board have agreed the following equal principles as set by the Government as the foundation to achieving good outcomes for adults with care and support needs:
- Empowerment – Presumption of person led decisions and consent
- Protection – Support and representation for those in greatest need
- Prevention – Prevention of neglect, harm and abuse is a primary objective
- Proportionality – Proportionate and least intrusive response to the risk presented
- Partnerships – Local solutions through services working with their communities
- Accountability – Accountability and transparency in delivering safeguarding
This website has been designed to provide members of the public, people who use health and social care services, professional and practitioners with information, procedures and guidance on safeguarding adults in Sandwell.