Work of the SSAB
The Sandwell Safeguarding Adults Board is a multi-agency partnership made up of statutory sector member organisations and other non-statutory partner agencies providing strategic leadership for adult safeguarding work and ensuring there is a consistent professional response to actual or suspected abuse. The remit of the board is not operational but one of co-ordination, quality assurance, planning, policy and development.
It contributes to the partnership’s wider goals of improving the well-being of adults in the borough and promotes and develops campaigns examples of which is the current campaign ‘See Something, Do Something’ and the short film used to further promote this campaign and enable everybody’s understanding of safeguarding.
This film is used as a standard tool in all of our training and has been adopted and used widely by our partners.
Vision of the SSAB
Adults with care and support needs are amongst the most vulnerable members of society. Protecting them from becoming the victims of abuse is everyone’s business.
Sandwell Safeguarding Adults Board have agreed the following equal principles as set by the Government as the foundation to achieving good outcomes for adults with care and support needs:
- Empowerment – Presumption of person led decisions and consent
- Protection – Support and representation for those in greatest need
- Prevention – Prevention of neglect, harm and abuse is a primary objective
- Proportionality – Proportionate and least intrusive response to the risk presented
- Partnerships – Local solutions through services working with their communities
- Accountability – Accountability and transparency in delivering safeguarding
This website has been designed to provide members of the public, people who use health and social care services, professional and practitioners with information, procedures and guidance on safeguarding adults in Sandwell.
Meet the team